Monday, March 5, 2007

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

A couple of years ago, I saw this amazing photograph by Henry Wessel; he managed to photograph a wave right at it's breaking point. I figured by his vantage point, he must have been on long pier that was able to take him far enough into the ocean to get behind or next to the big waves the surfers catch. Wessel's California photographs, especially those on the beach, are mostly centered around Santa Monica and Venice. The Venice Pier is amazing; no fuss, no games, no rides, just a giant concrete pier that must go at least a half mile into the ocean. The polaroid camera doesn't work as quick as a SLR camera, so I had to catch this at just the right moment. It's a little blurry, and the lighting is a little low, but I still like to this that this is my homage to Henry Wessel.

No comments: